It was not necessarily a bad morning for football. Cold but at least not raining. I brought lots of snacks for the boys and Emma was helpful, letting them kick the ball around with her a few times. So mostly I got to watch my Mary play. She runs...bounds like a deer really...so fast when she decides to. She was engaged in the game and tackled and cleared the ball out (played defense most of the time) and just looked like she was having a ball. In the end, the score was 0-0 and our girls were absolutely over the moon! They have never had game where they haven't been scored on and it was like they won the World Cup. They were screaming and hugging and just jubilant with triumph. It was darling. Mary won "Parents' Player of the Match" which means the parents thought she put in a lot of effort and did a great job. Such a happy girl. I really enjoyed watching her play. I love knowing so many of the other girls on her team as well from school. The Moms are fun, the girls are fun, subtract the mud and you really can't go wrong.
I really truly believe that in sports and lots of other things it really isn't the final score that matters...although sometimes it does. But mostly it's about seeing that improvement and appreciating the struggle and just enjoying the ride.

1 comment:
I really love that you still blog, and I love to see how big your kids are getting. And it is a real treat to get to see England through you. Miss you!
Post a Comment